Here is a very simple and healthy dish with the addition of an Italian staple: Parmiggiano Reggiano:
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-size florets
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Nonstick Olive Oil Cooking Spray
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray the nostick olive oil cooking spray on a baking pan. Toss the cauliflower with salt and olive oil on a baking pan; sprinkle with grated parmiggiano reggiano. Roast until golden and tender, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
Who doesn’t love limoncello, made with fresh lemon peels, alcohol and sugar. Limoncello is very common in Southern Italy especially in the Campania region, in Sorrento and Ischia. Many believe that the best lemons to make limoncello are grown in Ischia and Sorrento.
Italians drink limoncello after meals as they believe in its digestive properties. Many people make limoncello at home but there are many varieties of limoncello you can buy in liquor or grocery stores. It’s not very difficult to make limoncello at home.
Continue reading “Limoncello”
Here is a very simple recipe to make carbonara without adding any heavy cream or extra seasoning. This is my favorite dish to make after a long session at the gym. I love spaghetti!
Ingredients: (serves 4-5 people)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced pancetta or thick cut bacon
- 3-4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat pasta water: Put a large pot of salted water on to boil and add 1 Tbsp salt when the water is boiling
- Pour olive oil into the pan and add pancetta/bacon. Cook slowly until crispy but don’t overcook it
- Beat eggs and add half of the cheese. Mix cheese and eggs
- Cook pasta: once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the salt and then the pasta, and cook at a rolling boil until al dente
- Drain pasta and toss it with pancetta/bacon in the pan. Then add the mix with cheese and eggs and toss it until it becomes creamy. Add black pepper and fresh grated cheese. You can add more salt depending on your taste
- Toss everything to combine and remove from the stove
- Eat the carbonara hot, don’t let it cool
- Buon appetito!