Here is a very simple recipe to make carbonara without adding any heavy cream or extra seasoning. This is my favorite dish to make after a long session at the gym. I love spaghetti!
Ingredients: (serves 4-5 people)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced pancetta or thick cut bacon
- 3-4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat pasta water: Put a large pot of salted water on to boil and add 1 Tbsp salt when the water is boiling
- Pour olive oil into the pan and add pancetta/bacon. Cook slowly until crispy but don’t overcook it
- Beat eggs and add half of the cheese. Mix cheese and eggs
- Cook pasta: once the water has reached a rolling boil, add the salt and then the pasta, and cook at a rolling boil until al dente
- Drain pasta and toss it with pancetta/bacon in the pan. Then add the mix with cheese and eggs and toss it until it becomes creamy. Add black pepper and fresh grated cheese. You can add more salt depending on your taste
- Toss everything to combine and remove from the stove
- Eat the carbonara hot, don’t let it cool
- Buon appetito!